Ajos Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea) Information???

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

Ajos Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea) Information??? -

Postby SalviaSeeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm looking for information on the plant Ajos Sacha (Mansoa Allicea AKA Adenocalymma alliaceum AKA Pseudocalymma Alliaceum) from Peru. I read a fascinating report of using it rituallistically in the Peruvian Amazon for a week, which induced strong lucid dreams:

http://www.dreammagick.com/ajosacha.htm

I've heard Calea and African Dream Root can be hit or miss, so I'm wondering if this is a better alternative for a lucid dream enhancer. There's general information on the internet, but no 'trip reports.' Here's some interesting info I've found so far:

1) Comprehensive info: http://www.rain-tree.com/mansoa.htm
2) Testing for psychoactivity: http://www.rain-tree.com/ajos-sacha-activity.pdf
There was no binding activity at adrenergic, serotonin, dopamine, muscarinic, adenosine, or beta-2 adrenergic receptors.
3) Medicinal Uses:
"Ajos sacha is traditionally used in the Amazon for arthritis and rheumatism, colds, and flu, besides as a general pain reliever, and antinflammatory."
4) Description:
Literally translated as "Fake Garlic", Ajos Sacha is a vine-like tree whose leaves, when crushed, smell like garlic, with a hint of onion. Ajos Sacha has many spiritual uses, and is a favorite with hunters. Ritual purification of the fisherman's body, tools, and canoes with Ajos Sacha to assure a good catch, are common practice. The plant is also used in a "Baño de florecimiento", meaning "Flourishing bath" to attract good luck, wealth and prosperity into one's life. Among many other herbs, such as Mucura (Petivera Alliacea), Guayusa (Ilex guayusa), Toe (Brugmansia suaveolens) and =Piri Piri= (Cyperus articulatus), Ajos sacha is often used as an admixture of Ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi) preparations. It is a teacherplant.

There is a YouTube Video of a Peruvian Curandero explaining the purpose of this plant, but its all in Spanish.

DOES ANYONE SPEAK SPANISH & CAN TRANSLATE THIS FOR ME:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HIjn8oZLuY

Pictures:

Live Plant:

Leaves:

Dried Bark or Roots?:

Shamanic Artwork:
Last edited by SalviaSeeker on Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SalviaSeeker

Re: Ajos Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea) Information??? -

Postby SalviaSeeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Found one report on tribe.net:

"Michael: If you diet with it correctly, it will teach you medicine, give it´s Arkana, give you powerful dreams and teach you to sing. Ajo Sacha is one of my favorite Maestros. Lots of gifts.

[I dieted with it for] 8 days. It's the scraping of the outer flesh of the vine you want. First lightly scrape off the outer layer, then cut off some of the flesh. I think it really needs to be fresh though, once it's dried most if not all of the life force has escaped.

One thing that I´m begining to learn is that the plants give their gifts when they want. When I dieted with Ajo Sacha, I expected all these results and nothing happened. And then three days after the end of my dieta, after I had forgotten that I was waiting for something to happen, the Spirits of the plants began to reveal themselves in my dreams. They were very powerful dreams and the people I met in them told me they were Curanderos. To get specific, they were a black family , they were very jazzy, wearing funky purple clothes, almost like 70's pimps, they walked a half dance and a half walk. They came to me and asked me if I wanted to be cured. Of course I said yes and they worked on me and then their children wanted to play with me. That was Ajo Sacha for me.

It´s interesting how often the Spirits of some of the plants down here choose to manifest as black people. I've heard so many stories from Peruvians talking about when they met the spirit of a plant in a dream and it was a black person, or a little black girl. I've heard this alot. Alot of them tend to dance funkily in your dreams.
SalviaSeeker

Re: Ajos Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea) Information???

Postby Greenguide » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:56 pm

I have worked extensively with many dietas with ajo sacha plant and it is a very powerful teacher plant that can give you unimagined gifts. You can also work with it safely at home. It is used everywhere in Amazonian shamanism: in floral baths, as an admixture to ayahuasca, as a dieta by itself. It is brings luck and personal strength of mind. In my experience, it strengthens will power and teaches through very tough but vivid dreams. It is supposed to help those who have suffered "susto" or a bad shock. Excellent teacher plants with no side effects that I am aware of. Considered "opener of the way" in the Amazonian shamanic tradition.
Greenguide

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion