Kanna + Kava??

This is the plant discussion forum. Here we can discuss all other entheogenic plants, historical use, preparations, etc.

Kanna + Kava?? -

Postby PeaceOfMind » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Anyone ever try it? SWIM knows kanna goes amazingly with a small amount of alcohol - very euphoric (but too much alcohol drowns it out).

Kava usually feels like a small amount of alcohol to me, I've never really pushed hard with it though... although drinking a large glass real quick can induce some serious giddiness/euphoria for a short time.

So, would kanna combine as well with kava as it does with a couple beers?
PeaceOfMind

Re: Kanna + Kava?? -

Postby twinks » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 pm

I wish I could tell you-I take an anti-psychotic med and have read kanna is dangerous used with those-Kanna is expensive,too,which deters me from trying it-I LOVE kava though,it's a desert island entheogen for me-But,kava and alcohol both affect GABA so it might have similar action as alcohol-I'm sure SOMEONE on these forums have tried mixing the two-Kava by itself is good enough for me,though!
twinks

Postby Tryptamine » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 am

I have combined many times. Never noticed anything special, but kanna is pretty hit and miss for me . . . sometimes it works, other times nothing.

Best Kanna combination I have experienced was Kanna 15X, Blue Lotus 15X, Edit and beer. This gave an amazing MDMA like euphoria that could not be explained by any of the individual substances.

While I have not been able to repeat this experience I find the Kanna and Blue lotus combo far more rewarding the Kanna with Kava.
Tryptamine

Postby PeaceOfMind » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:02 am

Hmm, good to know. I'll have to check into the lotus. Never played with it much.

The most euphoric kanna combination I had was some high quality unfermented kanna cut half and half with 50x cacao extract up the shnozz after a couple beers. I would say almost MD*A like euphoria in that instance as well - amazing fucking music appreciation for sure.
PeaceOfMind

Postby Karmageddon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Tryptamine wrote:I find the Kanna and Blue lotus combo far more rewarding the Kanna with Kava.

I've read elsewhere (on a Canadian vendor's site) that the Kanna/Kava combo is pretty sleepy. I believe the term used was "heavy and irritating", but that's just one guy's opinion.

I've actually been thinking about the kanna/lotus combo fairly recently. Seems like they would complement each other nicely. Any success with straight lotus and kanna, or only with extracts? What was the ROA used?
Karmageddon

Postby Tryptamine » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Mainly just extracts, though lots of experience with each herb, just not together.

ROA was smoked 15X extracts. Very nice combination. I have had success snorting kanna when feeling shitty, to bump the mood up a notch, however my nose is getting old and does not like snorting things these days.

Starting to get a bit over smoking things too, so future experiments will likely involve strong brews ;)

The best success with the combined kanna and lotus 15X extracts came from kicking back in the sun and continually smoking throughout the afternoon. Likewise with the alcohol and edit with kanna / lotus combo. Just sitting back chatting with friends, having a beer, then a cone of this, then that, then another beer . . . then BANG! . . . a surge of tingles and empathy hit suddenly and lasted the whole evening.
Tryptamine

Postby Herbivore » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 pm

I have had Vanuatu land diver Kava and kanna. Great combo. Great closed eye visuals. Hard to describe. Like moving through weaving. Sometimes with Kava on it's own I have closed eye visuals that are spooky. Like psychic.
I don't really have much luck with Kava. The land diver Kava is the only bagfull that was strong all the way through. I could even smoke it and feel especially kavaed. But the next time I bought it same brand it was very weak. Like it had been stored badly.
I'm about to buy some more. Because I want to try it with properly prepared Amanita in grape juice. If anyone has had such an experience I'd love to hear about it.
Last edited by Herbivore on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: got brand wrong
Herbivore

Postby lost » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Kanna under the toung, blue lotus soaked in red wine, and kratom capped made my friend happy. I could see how it may mix well with kava. I wonder if the kava would be to strong to notice the kanna?
lost

Return to Other Entheogens Discussion