A new take on amanita growth.

Stephen L. Peele

Re: An new take on amanita growth. -

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 am

" Like I mentioned in previous posts, we don't know whether the Fleece is AM mycelium or a mucor or some other symbiotic organism. *You yourself, an experienced mycologist, believe the Fleece to be a "mucor". *So as far as the color of the spores, haven't you already answered your own question?"

I know that the Fleece is not Amanita muscaria mycelium. No, I did not answer my own question. The question was why so many of you don't see this spore color problem.

"(to the extent that a "mucor" can produce an agaricis mushroom)"

This can never happen.....grin. There seems to be a lot of back-stepping and side-stepping ever since this thing first got started. Remember the first claim, Amanita muscaria mycelium can be grown on grape juice? This turned out to be false. Now, its some magical fleece, but this fleece is just like Amanita muscaria. So many statements here are not consistant with mycological academia......for those who do not see all this, you will continue to have a hard time with all this.... slp/fmrc

Rawkcuf

Post by Rawkcuf » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:33 am

Mycological academia is your limiting factor, Stephen.

Donald E. Teeter has given a very special and sacred gift to the world for free. His book "Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality" details his discovery of the Eternal Fleece and its significance role throughout history. Mr. Teeter also gives detailed instructions on how to recreate his experiments and make your own Ambrosia and Living Bread, so that everyone has the opportunity to experience its Divinity.

We are not trying to force any beliefs on to anyone. We have found the Fleece to be an amazing healer and teacher, and want to share it with the world. It truly is a gift from God in many ways.

Peace.

Williamsii

Post by Williamsii » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 am

I would say that your belief in something despite the evidence contradicting it is more of a limiting factor than being critical. You are not willing to question your beliefs even though the evidence points out certain inconsistencies in those beliefs. Whereas, a scientific approach allows one to change his or her beliefs when new evidence arises. You are limiting yourself by basing your views on faith.

Look at the religious terms you use: 'sacred'; 'Divinity'; 'gift from God'. If you have to rely on religious belief to back up your claims, you do not have a strong argument. This shows a clear departure from reasoned thought and, as Stephen points out, is another case of 'back-stepping and side-stepping'.
His book "Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality" details his discovery of the Eternal Fleece and its significance role throughout history.
Correction: his book speculates on the discover of the 'Eternal fleece' and guesses at its 'significant role throughout history.' There is not enough hard evidence to use the term 'discovery'. His history is extremely biased as he is searching for evidence to back up his pre-existing claim rather than letting the evidence construct a theory. I shall repeat what I said in an earlier post:
Where history is concerned, it is far easier to find patterns and make gross generalisations than it is to accept our ignorance due to the lack of evidence. This is especially true when you are looking for a pattern because you impose your own preconceptions and hopes onto the gaps between what little evidence we do have. If you want to believe in something you will see or create the evidence you need to verify it and ignore those facts that contradict it.

Stephen L. Peele

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:45 pm

"Why not try cloning a fresh Amanita muscaria mushroom on agar as it is described on this page: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Mushroom-Cloning. This way you have less of a chance of growing a contaminant than using dirty dry tissue. You can then place the colonised agar into the grape juice."

Once again, people here do not understand anything they are saying about Amanita muscaria mycelium. First, mushrooms in the genus Amanita cannot be cloned like other mushrooms. You cannot take a piece from the cap, stalk or other normal places you would clone. There is only one place you can take a piece of tissue from an Amanita and use it for a clone. Only the tissue that exists right between a gill and the cap will clone. I have several Amanita muscaria clones growing on PDA. When a small piece of taken agar was placed on top of grape juice, it would not grow. The only growth remained on the agar. It would not even extend any on the grape juice. If the piece of agar was touched so that it sank in the grape juice, it all DIED! Now what? slp/fmrc

Williamsii

Post by Williamsii » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Once again, people here do not understand anything they are saying about Amanita muscaria mycelium. First, mushrooms in the genus Amanita cannot be cloned like other mushrooms. You cannot take a piece from the cap, stalk or other normal places you would clone. There is only one place you can take a piece of tissue from an Amanita and use it for a clone. Only the tissue that exists right between a gill and the cap will clone.
I think that is an unfair statement. It is being cloned in the same way seeing as mushroom species other than Amamnita muscaria can be cloned from the same part of the mushroom as you propose. Even when not cloning from the same place, the method remains the same as does the result. Thus, it is the same procedure.

Also, knowing that Amanita muscaria mushroom can be grown out on agar media due to it being published in several papers does not constitute a lack of understanding anything I am saying about Amanita muscaria mycelium (Zhang, Hampp and Nehls 2006; Wisser, Guttenburger, Hampp and Nehls).

I was merely proposing a more reliable method for cultivating Amanita muscaria mycelium instead of a contaminant compared to Teeter’s method. I was in no way suggesting that it would grow on grape juice. Rather that the method I gave would result in a more reliable test to see if it would.

There is no need to announce others ignorance when presenting information. It just comes across as arrogant and offensive without adding any authority to your claim.

Your experiment with grape juice should be repeated by others to give further weight to your findings. Perhaps I will give it a go. Did you test several different strains?

cowfodder
Site Admin

Post by cowfodder » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Stephen, with your permission I would like to quote that last post and put it up on another forum I frequent where this FUD has popped up recently.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

Stephen L. Peele

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 pm

"It just comes across as arrogant and offensive without adding any authority to your claim."
...........well that's it. Now I'm offensive and arrogant. And guess what else? I'm out of here. I've fooled around and wasted much time here, trying to educate people here on just what is what. I know Amanita muscaria cannot be grown on grape juice. Since the 80's and before, PDA has been the way. I know the fleece to be Mucor.
And that's the end of that story. Any one who wishes to contact me about this thread can do so thru my email address. I will continue to visit the Mushroom Room, but have had enough of this "An new take on amanita growth". There is no new take. slp/fmrc

Williamsii

Post by Williamsii » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:12 am

I know Amanita muscaria cannot be grown on grape juice. Since the 80's and before, PDA has been the way. I know the fleece to be Mucor.
I did not dispute those claims. My comment concerning coming across as "arrogant and offensive without adding any authority to your claim" was in relation to the way you presented information. Namely here:
"Why not try cloning a fresh Amanita muscaria mushroom on agar as it is described on this page: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Mushroom-Cloning. This way you have less of a chance of growing a contaminant than using dirty dry tissue. You can then place the colonised agar into the grape juice."

Once again, people here do not understand anything they are saying about Amanita muscaria mycelium. First, mushrooms in the genus Amanita cannot be cloned like other mushrooms. You cannot take a piece from the cap, stalk or other normal places you would clone. There is only one place you can take a piece of tissue from an Amanita and use it for a clone. Only the tissue that exists right between a gill and the cap will clone. I have several Amanita muscaria clones growing on PDA. When a small piece of taken agar was placed on top of grape juice, it would not grow. The only growth remained on the agar. It would not even extend any on the grape juice. If the piece of agar was touched so that it sank in the grape juice, it all DIED! Now what? slp/fmrc
If you read my post you will see I said: "There is no need to announce others ignorance when presenting information. It just comes across as arrogant and offensive without adding any authority to your claim." Saying that "people here do not understand anything they are saying about Amanita muscaria mycelium" did not add anything to the information that followed. Also, it is untrue as I pointed out and justified in my previous post.

There is no need to get so defensive when faced with a little criticism. Especially when it is just method of delivery rather than the information given that is being criticised.

mutant

Post by mutant » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:35 am

this just semantics! screw that

are people here suggesting that grape juice culture has different qualities than dried amanita when consumed ??
Last edited by mutant on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

treal

Post by treal » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:10 pm

A new post by Don on the Ambrosia Society forums, "the answer to the black spore story":

http://www.ambrosiasociety.org/forum....php?f=4&t=155

Whatdya think?