A new take on amanita growth.

cowfodder
Site Admin

Re: An new take on amanita growth. -

Post by cowfodder » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, since Amanita Muscaria produces white spores, it really doesn't matter. Clear spores just further prove that it isn't amanita. I totally agree with teeter that it could be an unknown symbiote or endophyte, but the growth speed, non-white spores, spore shape etc..... just screams "not amanita". I do also take issue with the absurd amounts of money he tries to charge for one of the most common mushrooms in the world, and with his claims that pantherina is more toxic, when a lot of qualified mycologists now theorize that pantherina is in fact a mutated form of muscaria. Just seems like snake oil to me.
http://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=15108
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

treal

Post by treal » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

I didn't make it through every page, but there seems to be a substantial amount of people who have cultured, ingested, and revere this fleece, no? This is curious.

PointMan

Post by PointMan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:31 pm

treal wrote:I didn't make it through every page, but there seems to be a substantial amount of people who have cultured, ingested, and revere this fleece, no? This is curious.
Maybe it is a Kardashev scale type IV civilization.

mutant

Post by mutant » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

I read a bit... and found in one extract from ambrosia society people that all this fuss is about the same effects that amanita muscaria gives!!!!!

why the heck one would drink ambrosia when it gives the same effects as amanita muscaria???!?!?!?? I would prefer the mushroom, actually even my dog would prefer the mushroom. Christianity mumbo jumbo doesn't do it for me...

Rawkcuf

Post by Rawkcuf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Actually, I prefer the Ambrosia over the mushroom. It definitely hits me quicker, and I feel none of the side effects that I sometimes get from the mushroom (lethargy/drowsiness, and the occasional sweats).

I also get more visual effects such as vibrant colors and lite tracers.

The effect from the Ambrosia that I desire most is its sense of calming. It's like the Ambrosia closes the flood gates to cut off the flow of excessive thoughts and emotions that are clouding my mind. Then I just feel peaceful and euphoric-like. I just "am".

The best part is that there is no comedown or hangover, and the more you drink it, the less you have to drink to start feeling it's effects. I'm at the point now where a spoonful sample of Ambrosia that Don and I are heating is enough to give us an effect within a couple minutes.

Also, living in Austin Tx, I don't have the good fortune of being able to pick my own Amanita muscaria anywhere close by, so that is also a big plus for making the Ambrosia :)

-Terry

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Regarding the supposed fleece material...has it ever been tested for ibotenic acid and musicmol content?
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

Rawkcuf

Post by Rawkcuf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:20 pm

No we haven't, but would love for it to be tested if anyone has the equipment or access to necessary equipment.

Rawkcuf

Post by Rawkcuf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:32 am

cowfodder wrote:Well, since Amanita Muscaria produces white spores, it really doesn't matter. Clear spores just further prove that it isn't amanita. I totally agree with teeter that it could be an unknown symbiote or endophyte, but the growth speed, non-white spores, spore shape etc..... just screams "not amanita". I do also take issue with the absurd amounts of money he tries to charge for one of the most common mushrooms in the world, and with his claims that pantherina is more toxic, when a lot of qualified mycologists now theorize that pantherina is in fact a mutated form of muscaria. Just seems like snake oil to me.
I thought that Amanita muscaria produces white "spore prints", however, the spores themselves are colorless (clear).
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanita...muscaria.shtml

Also, Don and the Ambrosia Society do not sell Amanita mushrooms. We get our mushrooms from Gardens of the Ancients, who sells them at relatively low prices. Again, since we live in Austin TX, they are shipped in from other countries and other parts of this country. So it's not as common for us :)

Don and the Ambrosia Society decided not to use Amanita pantherina because the few batches of Ambrosia that we did make using pantherina, everyone reported feeling some kind of discomfort in their kidneys after drinking the Ambrosia. And since there is scientific data that concludes pantherina can contain toxins, we thought it best to avoid it completely to be safe. Again, this decision wasn't made just from research we found, but also from bio-assay.

*Interesting Note: the Amanita pantherina had it's own distinct fleece. If I remember correctly, it was more dense, and a little more off-white color than that of muscaria.

I could definitely see how pantherina could be a "mutated form" of muscaria, though.

-Terry
Last edited by Rawkcuf on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

catfishrivers

Post by catfishrivers » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:35 am

Rawkcuf wrote:No we haven't, but would love for it to be tested if anyone has the equipment or access to necessary equipment.
Well, it seems like it would be the easiest way to settle this debate once and for all.
http://www.catfishrivers.com ~~All my creative efforts.
http://www.shroomsgonewild.com~~My Wild Edible Mushroom Blog
http://www.reversemonster.org~~My Weird Wide Weblog

Rawkcuf

Post by Rawkcuf » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 am

catfishrivers wrote:Well, it seems like it would be the easiest way to settle this debate once and for all.
I agree. However, until then, I am confident from countless bio-assays by myself and many others, that the Fleece is safe (safe enough to drink everyday, like myself and others have been doing for years), and definitely has a desireable psychoactive effect.

Again, I would like to emphasize that all this new information concerning Don's discovery of the Fleece has been given away for free (it took Don a long time to do all his experimentation, and write a book about it... a book that he decided to give away for free so that anyone curious and willing, could try it for themselves).

There is no other motive. The Ambrosia Society was formed out of demand by many people who had tried the Ambrosia and wanted some more made by Don himself. All the money that has been donated to the Ambrosia Society (which I can personally attest to, is a very small amount) has been used to pay for webhosting, remodeling and maintaining a small building that is only used for making Ambrosia, and to buy more grape juice and other necessary supplies.

It is not "snake oil". If you believe it is too expensive to procure some Ambrosia made by the brewmaster himself, we have still given away free insructions (in Don's book) so that you can make it yourself. There's no need to attack Mr. Teeter's intentions when they are pure.

We also have a public forum on the Ambrosia Society website, where Don and I (and other AS members who have successfully made their own Ambrosia) try to help out anyone who is having problems making their own.

-Terry
Last edited by Rawkcuf on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.