These aminitas are good to eat right?

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
Harhigh

These aminitas are good to eat right? -

Post by Harhigh » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 pm

I have never ate a straight aminita from the ground before. Im pretty sure this yellow variety is ediable. Just want to double check before i go munchin any of these down. Any recommendation on dose?

sunsnail

Re: These aminitas are good to eat right? -

Post by sunsnail » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 pm

that looks like the bad kind.... not sure though

Enlighten me

Post by Enlighten me » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Looks like A. muscaria var formosa to me..

Be well,
Sri Nomad Bhutadaya

captainmax

Post by captainmax » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:36 pm

If you don't know what it is...DON'T EAT IT!

There are several yellowish amanita's, that one might be A. gemmatta, a very weak variety. Also, you don't just eat them out of the ground, they have to be prepared properly with heat to avoid excess stomach problems. I suggest you keep looking for red ones, they are much easier to id.

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Post by Burning_Copal » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:44 pm

captainmax wrote:If you don't know what it is...DON'T EAT IT!
No joke, especialy with Amanitas and LBMs, this can get you killed.

They do look like A. gemmata, but I'd also suggest, just waiting for the A. Muscaria season here in a couple of months. They are much easier to properly Identify, and are unquestionably psychoactive.

Cream / White / Offwhite colored Amanitas, are something I'd make a habit of not bothering, if I wanted to live to be a old mushroom hunter, we all know that saying " There are old mushroom hunters, and there are bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old-bold mushroom hunters " Start bothering unknown Amanitas, or LBMs and you're geting into the realm of potential problems.

Harhigh

Post by Harhigh » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Yea. no point hurting myself again. Ill just keep lookin for the red ones. They will find me one day im sure.

But dam, do these things ever grow fast. The next day they are all twice the size with about 4 or 5 new ones popping up.

ntds

Post by ntds » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:33 am

please spore print and identify for fun, but for frig's sake, don't eat unidentified Amanitas. they are pretty tho, aren't they?

Melungeon1

Post by Melungeon1 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:17 pm

There are a couple of places online that sell pure extractions from the amantias I think. It's said to eliminate most oif notall of the unpleasant side effects.

I seem to remember it was quite reasonable too.
This would be my choice if I had it to do over again. Some people have literally destroyed their livers to the point of having to have a pretty immediate transplant from mushrooms, in the U.S.

I won't violate the rules and post the sites here but send me a PM and I will look them up if anyone would like

Peace

downlowfunk

Post by downlowfunk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:56 pm

captainmax wrote:If you don't know what it is...DON'T EAT IT!

There are several yellowish amanita's, that one might be A. gemmatta, a very weak variety. Also, you don't just eat them out of the ground, they have to be prepared properly with heat to avoid excess stomach problems. I suggest you keep looking for red ones, they are much easier to id.
ARent Gemmattas another source of IBEOTONIC acid which can be converted to Muscimol through the sun?

found some Bronze Panthers here yesterday, and a clump of cybes in some wood chips today.

Weekend is going to be interesting. Tried vaping some fresh dried Formosa last night, much milder hangover.

cehmz

Post by cehmz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Use extreme caution when eating found mushrooms, especially of the amanita variety, there are close relatives that KILL!