Problems with amanita muscaria

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
Hunahpu

Problems with amanita muscaria -

Post by Hunahpu » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:31 pm

SWIM has tried eating dried amanita muscaria three times, in increasing dosages, to no effect.

They then tried three grams of powdered 10x amanita muscaria, to almost no effect beyond some light sensitivity.

It seems as though a number of other people have had problems feeling anything after taking it. Is this common?

jackdaw

Re: Problems with amanita muscaria -

Post by jackdaw » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Amanita Muscaria is a very variable mushroom in effect. A handy tip whether picking or buying is after drying, break the caps up into little peices so as to homogenize (sp) or average out the amount of goodness.

It could also be that the material your working with isn't very potent. I've tried many times without success. They do tend to be hit or miss.

Good luck on your future adventures with Muscaria. :mrgreen:

P.S. I've found the extracts to be a waste of time. Others may think differently, but IMO it's best to work with the muyshroom unaltered. this is a pragmatic aproach not a philosophical one.
Last edited by jackdaw on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osho

Post by Osho » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 pm

I had two batches of amanita muscaria. One were so-called "Siberian" caps. They were orange. I still have some left over. They were completely impotent.

Another batch I had were so-called "Washington". They were dark red, very classic looking caps. Those were very potent, and each time I ate them it was an experience, even though each time was accompanied by nausea.

The Siberian mushrooms didn't even make me nauseous. I became a believer after eating the Washington mushrooms. They really do work, and I became more sensitive each new time. I'm guessing the material you are working with might not be good.

downlowfunk

Post by downlowfunk » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Had an abundant supply of panthers here. Ate some sun dried last night. Been sleeping all day today. Thems some tough cookies.

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 am

I agree with Osho, washingtons are your best bet...

extracts are another story, just now learning about them myself.
Swims been messin with just smoking the extract on catnip. It's active. Not strong in the under a gram range, but not something i'd want to do before talking to cop either. Swim says he's been wanting to put it in the vapo for a while but just hasnt gotten around to it. Kinda afraid it might end up in a full blown muscaria adventure. Thats not something to take too lightly.

... Don't go eating a bunch of the washington's thinking you just aren't sensitive or something. Take the lower range and work your way up. This isn't one you want to shock your system with.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein

Ethnowebhost

Post by Ethnowebhost » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:38 am

Try smoking the Siberians.. that's the most effective way. As for the Washington State, yes eat them, thats their most effective method. But you'll enjoy smoke them Siberians...I'm sure !

I'm working on a paper for Pantherina right now. I've eaten them and yes, they are very strong. How were you when you woke from your day of dreams ?

Osho

Post by Osho » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:23 am

downlowfunk wrote:Had an abundant supply of panthers here. Ate some sun dried last night. Been sleeping all day today. Thems some tough cookies.
can you describe your experience?

skunkjar

Post by skunkjar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Ethnowebhost wrote:Try smoking the Siberians.. that's the most effective way. As for the Washington State, yes eat them, thats their most effective method. But you'll enjoy smoke them Siberians...I'm sure !

I'm working on a paper for Pantherina right now. I've eaten them and yes, they are very strong. How were you when you woke from your day of dreams ?
I'm not sure about that... Since it's the same active chemical is in Washington state and Siberians, the effectiveness of each ingestion method would be the same.

Rhin

Post by Rhin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:14 pm

I have never been able to find potent Amanita I guess I can keep looking but it is usually a waste of money for what you get.

BiffCo1138

Post by BiffCo1138 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:40 am

Gotta seriously disagree with that last one... I've actually never got a non-potent bag. I do find potency can differ greatly from one individual mushroom to the next tho. The easy answer is to crush up the whole bag when you get it and make it into a homogenus powder.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -Robert A. Heinlein