Amanita Help

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
antihero23

Amanita Help -

Post by antihero23 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Say I have this cat named Jack, and Jack wants to find some amanita muscaria, Jack has visited all the important websites like erowid and leyceum(sp?) and has been researching them for around a year now, Jack lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, which is the second most western province in Canada for those who dont know, Jack went hunting for these red treasures last fall, lucking under birch, spruce, and pine, but had no luck, Jack was wondering if all his info was right, and if not could swim or his pet tell jack the enviroment, and best time to look, that is even if they are found here, Jack sends his thanks, and I do to for helping my cat shut up about them already:roll:

Burning_Copal
Location: a finite mortal body somewhere in PNW. How about you ?

Re: Amanita Help -

Post by Burning_Copal » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Oh talking Cats arent so bad, you should meet SOTC ( Some odd Tabby Cat ) he is quite the character, in anycase, Your a bit farther north then washington state , where I am from , so I would guess your season may be just a bit earlier . Here they fruit from Early Septemer ( sometimes very late august ) untill around mid october , when it slows , by first of november , they are usually not to be found, so for you, I would say start looking in early august , and just keep it up, the trees you mentioned, sprice, birch, and pine, are where you will find them .

antihero23

Re: Amanita Help -

Post by antihero23 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks for that, its not that i mind by talking cat, its just that for the last month all he would say is either amanita or peyote:eek: