Hallucinogenic pouch fungus

This is the place to discuss shrooms of all types, how they are grown, their properties, etc.
downlowfunk

Re: Hallucinogenic pouch fungus -

Post by downlowfunk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Stephen L. Peele wrote:a
Stephen,

After looking at your photos im compelled to think that Tampanesis, and the Psilocybe Mexicana are far differnt than the spore bank eludes to, other than the scelrotia production.

Stephen L. Peele

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Going back to why Psilocybe cultures were only destroyed at ATCC. And to maybe clear things up, these were live cultures, not dried specimens held in some collection. I found one of their past catalogs......and sure enough, big money here. I was right when I pointed to a connection with the Government. On page v of the catalog it says ATCC receives support through grants and contracts from various government agencies. The ones listed are National Institutes of Health, The National Science Foundation, The Environmental Protection Agency, the Food and Drug Administration, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the World Health Organization. Also, I have learned in the past that when the DEA tells you eye to eye not to do something, or to "do" something, you follow there instructions. To be noncompliant will surely bring about the most grave consequences. slp/fmrc

ntds

Post by ntds » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 am

back to the Weraroa, is there any advantage (other than novelty) in cultivating this species instead of P. cyanescens?

Workman

Post by Workman » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:21 am

ntds wrote:back to the Weraroa, is there any advantage (other than novelty) in cultivating this species instead of P. cyanescens?
No, but then why grow Psilocybe cyanescens when you can grow P. azurescens?

Stephen Peele's image of Psilocybe tampanensis looks suprisingly like these images of Gymnopilus luteofolius which is also hallucinogenic, stains blue and grows commonly in Florida.
Attachments
att1297-507111733-5_2_05d.jpg
att1297-507111733-5_2_05d.jpg (100.8 KiB) Viewed 206 times
att1296-GymLuteofolius.jpg
att1296-GymLuteofolius.jpg (61.3 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Last edited by Workman on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen L. Peele

Post by Stephen L. Peele » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 am

Not sure, but I believe that's what Mr. John said they looked like also. Those P. tampanensis mushrooms that I posted up, were separated from a large group of sclerotia growing in an outside bed. They looked like all the other ones I have ever cultivated. And, you can also see the purple-black spores on their stems. This is the same strain that I deposited at CBS years ago. Yeah, this is all pretty interesting. Here is a little tid bit about the ATCC Psilocybe culture destruction..............Among the vast collections held at ATCC, there was a deposit, I believe from Germany, of Stropharia cubensis Earl - #13988, F.A. kincl Sy-203. Now when they destroyed all the P. cubensis, this Stropharia deposit, held under the old name, was over looked....grin. I published an article in TMC about this mishap, and if anyone still wanted to get the P. cubensis culture, just order it under its old name and there was no problem. Shortly after my article was published, ATCC realized their blunder, and removed the culture. True story. slp/fmrc

krewskater

Post by krewskater » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 am

this is very interesting to hear, but 1969?!?! Is that a typo because i thought these forums were just over 10 years old.

catfish

Post by catfish » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:42 am

Is that a typo because i thought these forums were just over 10 years old.
no its not a typo
this is 1979
check your calendar
lmfao
;)
trade for what you want at the Botanical Swap Project: http://forums.botanicalswap.org/
and build your tradelist at our estore: http://shop.botanicalswap.org
specializing in high quality and low prices!

Enlighten me

Post by Enlighten me » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:27 pm

catfish wrote:no its not a typo
this is 1979
check your calendar
lmfao
Yeah, I was here back in 72' under a different name. :lol:

Be well,
Sri Nomad Bhutadaya

GeorgeKush

Post by GeorgeKush » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:52 am

This hallucinogenic 'fungus' is just another piece of evidence regarding the theory of the ability of any hallucinogenic fungus being able to space/planetary travel.

ZIPEACE BYAAAAAAAM

Alan Rockefelle

Post by Alan Rockefelle » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:07 am

I am pretty sure those are Gymnopilus luteofolius, as others have said. Would like to see a spore print.

Here are some pictures of Gymnopilus luteofolius that I found growing in one of my flower pots (Bay area, California)

http://forums.mycotopia.net/wild-mus...lower-pot.html